Does tarot card reading feel complicated to you? Are you looking for a quick guide to read tarot cards? Read the post and get a quick and easy way to master the tarot cards.
Learning tarot cards is not rocket science but mastering this art of divination is definitely a tricky task. You cannot memorize tarot cards or just read them like a page of a magazine. It is a mystic tool and only by means of understanding its basics, you can start reading tarot. Although if you are only interested in reading cards, then you need not gain a deep understanding of it. You can just get the best tarot card reading app online and start reading your cards. However, if you are a Tarot enthusiast who is keen on learning tarot then, reading this post can be literally beneficial. So, read the post and explore the best guide to reading Tarot.
Before that, just get a basic understanding of what tarot cards are and where they came from.
What are Tarot Cards?
History of Tarot Cards: Dates back to the 1400s, Tarot cards are the most ancient and mystic way of predicting the future. It was originally used for gaming purposes but later French and Egyptian occultists used it for cartomancy methods. In 1900, Mystical groups like the Theosophical Society and the Rosicrucian's made Tarot a popular practice in America. Rider Waite-Smith deck and the Book of Thoth (a popular form of Tarot) were also developed during this period.
Coming to the modern Tarot, it is a deck of 78 cards that are further divided into 22 Major Arcana and 56 Minor Arcana cards. The Minor Arcana cards are again categorized into 4 suits of which each suit includes 14 cards. All these types of cards exhibit a significant meaning and are used by experts to answer the questions of the querent.
Now, when you have learned the basics of tarot cards. Let us quickly move on to the next section that shares the easy and quickest ways to understand the tarot card reading concepts.
Quick and Easy Way to Read Tarot Cards
Reading tarot cards is easy but before that, you should understand the nitty-gritty of learning tarot card meanings. Although there is no manual for reading tarot, you should know the right way to read cards and interpret them according to the situation. Especially, if you are a beginner then having a tarot guide can be really helpful. Here, we have presented the step-by-step guide to learn tarot cards and read them correctly.
1. Choose a Tarot Deck
This is the first and foremost step to start your tarot reading practice. There are hundreds of tarot out there and it becomes really hard for a beginner to choose one. But we have the trick. Choose the tarot deck that resonates with you the most. By saying this we mean the deck that visually and energetically feels related to you. Generally, beginners are advised to start with a standard tarot deck, Rider Waite-Smith, and then move with the complex ones for deep learning.
2. Learn Tarot Card Meanings and their working
As discussed above, each type of tarot card has specific meanings. Where Major arcana tarot represents big life lessons and karmic themes, the Minor Arcana cards speak of current issues and practical aspects on a daily basis. For instance, four suits in Minor arcana speaks of the following aspects:-
- Suit of Cups- represents feelings, intuition, emotional connection, relationships, and creative abilities.
- Suit of Pentacles- represents finances, career, materialistic things, and wealth.
- Suit of Swords- represents thoughts, making decisions, asserting power and actions.
- Suit of Wands- represents energy, motivation, spirituality, life purpose, and new ideas.
Pro Tip: Understand the theme of each card and relate it to your own life for memorizing the traditional meanings of every card in the deck.
3. Pay Attention to Your Intuitive Signs
The next and most important step in tarot card reading is to connect with your intuitions. Tarot cards work on the intuitive energy and thus it is necessary that you tap into your intuitions. Pick up the messages sent by your intuitions and try relating your cards’ images, symbols and stories. In case you feel unable to recognize the intuitions, close your eyes and take a deep breath. Meditating your cards in your mind will gradually trigger your thoughts. You will find deeper meanings behind each card as your practice of tarot card reading will progress.
4. Trust Yourself
Trusting yourself and that for every day is something that you should practice. Learning tarot cards can be easy only if you trust your guts and your inner power. Remind yourself that you can do readings and eventually you will see your intuitions guiding and suggesting new things. Experts suggest that your confidence in readings is proportional to the trust that you put in yourself. So, reclaim your confidence and read your cards with trust- “I can do it”.
Also See: Awesome Tarot Apps
5. Follow the Tarot Reading Rituals
To read your cards with perfection, you need to practice them daily. Here are the steps that you need to follow during your reading practice.
- Shuffle the deck.
- Feel the physicality of the cards and visualize the question in your mind (both in the case of you and the querent). Take as much time as possible to formulate the situation.
- Once you are ready, cut the cards into three, face down. For beginners, it is good to start the practice with a three-card tarot reading spread. ( Three card tarot reading spread is a method in which 3 cards are pulled. 1st card represents past events, 2nd card signifies the present events and the challenges that you are facing currently and the 3rd card represents the future events and the possibilities and consequences of your present actions)
- Pull the cards and pay attention to the tarot symbols and images. See what the pictures are telling you and interpret them as suggested by your intuitive energy.
So, this was all about the 5 steps guide for learning and reading tarot cards easily and swiftly. Follow all these steps dedicatedly every day to read cards professionally. In case of doubts and queries related to tarot cards and their meanings, you may consult tarot experts or can take the help of a good journal related to tarot reading. Happy tarot reading to all the enthusiasts!
Leave a Comment