Pooja Room is the most sacred & auspicious room in the house. Vastu Shastra for Pooja Room is essential as this room is used for prayer, meditation, etc. Pooja room designs are different as per the house structure, and hence, Pooja room Vastu is significant.
In ancient times, people were more religious and kept a separate room for prayers and related activities. With time, people started to use only a particular shelf where they kept pictures or idols. However, now the trend is changing again and people have started to keep a separate room for Pooja and significant religious purposes. Pooja room designs for home are chosen as per the Vastu Shastra and so is the Pooja room colour.
Vastu Shastra for Pooja room states that the room should be carefully designed as it is an important room where all the spiritual activities, pujas, prayers, etc. are conducted. There are various Pooja room designs for home available, and you should select an appropriate design as per Vastu.
Now, let’s know about the significant Vastu Tips that can help instill a spiritual and positive vibe in your prayer room.
Tips for the Pooja Room As Per Vastu
There are specific rules of Vastu Shastra for Pooja room, and it is essential that these rules are being followed diligently. Pooja room Vastu should be such that it attracts positive energy and motivates the person performing Puja. Given below are some Vastu tips:-
- The direction of the pooja room should be such that it is situated in East, North, or the North-East direction of the house. Other directions should be strictly avoided.
- When you sit to perform a religious activity in a puja room, then you should always face the North/East direction. Also, the puja should be performed on the ground only.
- It is suggested that the design of the pooja room within a house should be such that it is constructed only on the ground floor. The basement is considered to be a dark place, and it is considered to be inauspicious to build the pooja room there. Similarly, the pooja room on the first floor can make people lethargic, lazy, and inactive.
- If it is a big factory or a plot, then it should be ensured that the Pooja room is constructed in the middle of the premises.
- It is better if the pooja room’s roof is in the shape of the pyramid; it is considered to be very sacred and auspicious.
- It is crucial that the entrance of the Pooja place should have a threshold.
- One of the most important rituals that should be followed is that before entering the sacred place of Pooja, you should wash your hands, legs, etc. with water.
- Ensure that some food items like Prasad, fruits, sweets, should be offered and placed in front of the idols of the deities. It is believed to be a way to exhibit gratitude and show respect.
Also Read: Perfect Bedroom Design As Per Vastu Shastra
- The lamps and candles are an essential part of the pooja place. They are used to call the deities and peacefully offer prayers. Vastu Shastra for pooja room states that lamp should be lit in front of the idols or pictures of the deities.
- There are certain objects which should never be present in the Pooja room. Torn/faded pictures, rusted items, dry flowers, etc. should never be kept at the pooja place. Also, it is advised that the jewellery, cash, or any other valuable items should also be avoided as it is a mark of disrespect.
- Make sure that idols are placed in such a way that they do not face each other. They should be placed in such a way so that the person performing puja can pray properly. Also, the idols should not be placed near the wall. You should ensure that the idols should be at least one inch away from the wall.
- There are miscellaneous items like cotton, holy books, lamps, etc. in the Pooja room. These items should be placed in a cupboard which is ideally placed at the lower part of the west or south wall.
- The small curtain should be placed in front of the Puja place when you are not using the room.
Also Read: Vastu Shastra Tips For Study Room
Don’ts in Pooja Room.
- The pooja room should never be constructed under the staircase in any circumstances.
- You should never sleep in the pooja room as it is considered to be very inauspicious.
- The pooja room should be used only for pooja and not for storage or other miscellaneous purposes.
- Vastu Shastra for Pooja room states that place for the pooja, in any case, should never be near, below, above or next to the kitchen or toilet.
- It should be ensured that a Pooja room should never be constructed within a bedroom.
- Metal should never be used while constructing the pooja place.
- Be cautious and do not place torn pics or the broken idols in the Pooja room because these may affect your focus. Ensure that the new and fresh idols/pictures are placed in the pooja room.
Pooja Room Designs For Home
- Pooja room designs for the home should be such that it invokes positive energy.
- It is important that the pooja room has adequate ventilation and free flow of air, sunlight, etc.
- The Pooja room colours may be light blue, light yellow or white.
- The floor of the pooja room should be made up of off white or white marble.
- Copper utensils should be used at the pooja place, especially when you collect the water.
- Windows and doors should be in the east or north direction, and the doors should be made up of two shutters. Vastu Shastra for Pooja rooms states that the idols should be suitably placed in a manner.
A prayer room is the most important part of any home. A hint of negative energy in this space can prove detrimental to your home’s peace. Follow these Vastu tips and bring happiness and prosperity in your life!